Thursday, August 18, 2011

One For Me

A few years ago on a trip to Kiowa, my Grandma R. gave me a set of beads from a broken necklace. My grandmother was also an avid crafter and when we cleaned out her estate we found boxes upon boxes of unfinished crafts or leftovers from past craft projects. So when this necklace broke she of course kept the beads in hopes that one day she would piece it back together. I wish now that I had asked her how old the beads were.
Since then I have strung these beads a few times and was never quite been happy with the end result. This week I tried again and it looks pretty good. I know she would like it...

I think these are acrylic beads and they are a wonderful peach shade. I paired them with some clear crystals and then crocheted the etched-glass seed beads. They are 2 separate strands. I can't wait to wear them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment