Friday, August 12, 2011

The Crash


Yesterday Angel Baby learned to ride her bike without training wheels.  I am sad to say that she is almost eight and this milestone is one that we are behind on helping her to achieve. But, after only 2 attempts with her father’s hands to help balance, she took off on her own and is now an official rider.
She called almost anyone she could think of on the ride home and has had a smile ever since.

So, it didn’t come as a surprise that she was asking to go out again at 7am this morning. Later… we headed off to our local park where she rode for about an hour while lil’Bug alternated between her bike and the park. After watching her carefully for quite a while I decided she was fine and settled into reading my murder mystery… when she crashed.
The amazing thing is that I don’t remember hearing her call for me from 20ft. away, I also don’t remember what it was that made me decide to run to where she was. Yet, as I turned the corner and she came into view, there she was picking herself up off the ground and looking for me. Thank goodness for that little mommy voice that sits on your shoulder and points you to where you children are in crisis. A big hug and a few bandages later my angel’s smile is back and Grandma said she could borrow her cane if it hurt too bad.
So, today we survived the first (of many) bicycle crashes to come with only one big bruise and a few small cuts.  I thanked the Lord once again for making my children so tough. Tomorrow we’ll try again, and somehow someday I will survive her learning to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment